This week has been rough for me. I’ve had some issues pop up and while I was trying to deal with a lot of it, I’m learning a lot about myself and the world we live in.
1. Not everything is negative, but it is. We live in a world where people focus on things that go wrong. No one cares when things go right. If someone complains, everyone LOVES to join that band wagon and throw in their 2 cents with a complaint. Everyone wants in edge wise when it means demeaning someone. I’ve also noticed that this fire goes bigger and the stories get wilder. It’s very rare that someone stands up and says, “let’s stop this negativity and talk about all the positive things that happen here!”.
2. I hate and love Facebook and our internet. What was life like in the 80s? Simple. We didn’t have all this information overload. Information is great, if it’s used well but it can also be very powerful on the flip side throwing destructive forces that take a long time to get back to normal. I’m not blaming social media when that scientist said we shouldn’t vaccinate our children, but Facebook and our internet has NOT helped the matter. I’m sure pediatricians are still recoiling from that and it’s not fair. I can’t keep track. Everyday there’s something toxic, everyday something we eat is bad and then it changes back immediately the next day and a lot of this valuable information come from quacks. And with this rampant media, people all over are making changes that are not necessarily good.
3. Despite having a rough week, there have been a couple of perfect events. Again it goes with my first point. There’s a rainbow. I had a most perfect evening when things around me came crashing. Other things worked out much better than I had anticipated. And the people I work with have stood behind me and it’s nice.
4. I’m right and you’re wrong or maybe I’m wrong and you’re right? But why is it that we think in terms of black or white, right or wrong or more importantly who’s right or wrong. Why can’t we both be right. Why can’t we understand that as human beings we are unique individuals one to another and your thoughts may not be my thoughts but that doesn’t mean you are wrong and it doesn’t mean I am either. I fear we do not communicate well. I fear some people prefer to hide and be passive aggressive rather than stand up and discuss and grow.
5. I’m not the best at blogging. I’ve been reading someone’s blog lately and it makes my day. I think it’s so poignant and I know my blog doesn’t brighten days. But c’est la vie. It helps me vent and move forward and rewire my systems.
6. Up coming vacations are perfect when things are not great. I have my vacation planned in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait. I really feel that going to the beach will be so much sweeter after having had to deal with “stuff”. I will respect my time off more than when I take vacation when life is great as it is.
That’s it for this rant. Laters, TTR